Lose Your FUPA! Workout + Diet Plan for Mons Pubis (FUPA) Fat Loss
It took me a long time to really understand what a FUPA was. After all, it’s another one of these crazy trending terms that refers to a body’s trouble area. The FUPA stands for the Fatty Upper Pubic (some people use the other term) Area. Yikes. Just like “hip dips” and “bat wings”, hearing this new weightloss term makes me cringe when it comes to fitness and health. This term refers to the fatty pooch right above that vaginal area that we often get postpartum, after pregnancy, but you can totally just have one due to excess fat. The FUPA is also called a “panniculus.”
Let me just say you cannot and will not ever be able to spot reduce. You. Just. Cant. Ok? Also… I would like to think that a “FUPA” is quite normal for a woman as we tend to store excess fat around this area due to hormones and of course being female. So what can you do about it?
With diet and exercise together, you can trim and tone your midsection to help decrease your FUPA fat. By decreasing your overall body fat percentage, you an help a ton with this. You also will want to make a note to manage your stress hormones as cortisol plays a huge role in your body physically holding onto fat which could affect your goal of getting rid of your FUPA.
The Best FUPA Exercises
First and foremost, you will need to rely on cardio. Cardio is essential for fat loss. It burns calories and fat and is also good for your general health. Most people should do cardio 3-5 times a week, aiming to accumulate the recommended 150 minutes over that time.
Both low-intensity steady-state cardio and high-intensity interval training can be effective, and you may even benefit from doing both of these types of exercise, e.g., LISS one day and HIIT the next. HIIT is where you do short bursts of workouts. For example, short sprints with short periods of rest. LISS is more of a steady cardio so as an example think of yourself walking at a moderate pace on a treadmill for 45 minutes and you will have a good idea.
Here are my favorite exercises to get rid of the FUPA! Be sure to watch the YouTube video and subscribe to my channel for more goodies.
To see the moves in action, watch the video below and be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Diet as mentioned above plays a huge role in getting rid of FUPA fat. Honestly, it is probably the most important part of this journey.
Here is a list of foods you can consume to get rid of FUPA.
- Vegetables: Spinach, arugula, kale, chard, radish greens, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Chinese cabbage, purple cabbage, bok choy, bell peppers, okra, eggplant, tomato, cucumber, artichoke, squash, gourd, etc.
- Fruits: Apple, peach, pear, plum, pomegranate, orange, tangerine, lime, lemon, grapefruit, berries, etc.
- Whole Grains: Barley, wheat, broken wheat, sorghum, brown rice, black rice, and red rice.
- Protein: Lentils, beans, mushrooms, eggs, skinless chicken, fatty fish, lean cuts of beef and pork, and ground turkey.
- Nuts And Seeds: Almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, macadamia, sunflower seeds, melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and flax seeds.
- Fats And Oils: Olive oil, rice bran oil, avocado oil, peanut butter, flaxseed butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter, and ghee.
- Beverages: Water, green tea, herbal tea, black coffee, freshly pressed vegetable and fruit juices, a glass of wine (not more than twice a week), and detox drinks.
- Herbs And Spices: Fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper, Himalayan pink salt, cinnamon, coriander, cardamom, ginger, garlic, etc.
Here is a sample diet below:
|Meals||What To Eat|
|Early Morning (6:00 a.m.)||370 ml warm water with the juice of half a lime + 1 tablespoon organic honey|
|Breakfast (7:00 a.m.)||Oatmeal with berries, 2 almonds, sunflower seeds, and pepita + 1 cup green teaOrAvocado toast + 2 boiled eggs + 1 cup black coffee|
|Mid Morning (10:00 a.m.)||A bowl of fresh fruits|
|Lunch (12:30 p.m.)||Grilled fish + ½ cup herbed brown rice + 1 cup boiled vegetables|
|Snack (3:30 p.m.)||1 cup black coffee/green tea + ¼ cup kale chips/okra chips/unsalted popcorn or 1 digestive biscuitOr½ cup sprout salad|
|Dinner (6:30 p.m.)||Chicken/tofu salad with leafy greens and olive oil, lime juice, and Dijon mustard dressingOr1 cup lentil soup + ½ cup boiled veggies + ½ cup yogurt|
Your trainer and friend,