It’s Time to Stop Mommy-Judging… Like YESTERDAY.
To be honest, I am not even quite sure how to begin this post. Yesterday, Hot Moms Club posted an article about me that not only took what I said the complete wrong way, but they did it in order to cause controversy by further pitting moms against each other. For those who have been following me for quite some time now, you know that is something that I cannot stand.
The poorly written article featured a ton of photos of me without many of my statements at all nor did it justify my point. Instead, it seemed the reporter grabbed random quotes out of the air from Facebook trolls on past news outlets’ social media sites and deemed them as being from my followers. Now I KNOW my followers and I know those quotes are not from you guys. What probably bothers me the most is that this “writer” did not even bother to reach out to me for a comment about anything, but took to misconstruing everything.
Let’s get a few things straight:
- I am not bragging and never was I. But HEAR THIS: I do love and am PROUD of my body and accomplishment because I had to fight like hell to get to where I am today (health-wise). It wasn’t always this way and I used to wake up daily and hate my body and how I looked. So yes, I am very proud of myself as most people should start being. Self acceptance and pride is a wonderful thing that people lack these days.
- I don’t care if you look like me. I don’t want you to look like me. I want you to look like the BEST version of YOU. I don’t give two shits if you have abs or not, to be honest. Abs are not a sign of health, people.
- I never said every pregnant lady should workout. I have always said while fitness is a great idea during pregnancy, if you are able, you feel up to it, and if your doctor clears you, why not? There’s so many benefits for mommy & baby, which I have stated in the past. If you do not workout, guess what? I am not judging you! Because at the end of the day, your body is your business and my body is mine.
- I never shamed you. As I said, you do you-I am just doing me. And somehow, I ended up all over the news for just doing something I have been doing. If you feel guilty about yourself or shamed then guess what? That is on you, sweetie. I didn’t make anyone feel any way.
- I have a right to my own opinion just as you do too. Yup, I DID say “Pregnancy is not a handicap”–in general. Some ladies have medical issues or just have a damn rough time and yes might be your handicap. However, we ALL know the fact that pregnancy is often used as an excuse to sit around and not do much-its true. Why? Because we were once told that it was all that we could do! Times have changed. Talk to your doctors 🙂
So, why do I care so much? Well… I have worked for over 3 years building my name and my brand to help encourage, motivate, and lift other women up-not tear them apart. This article goes against everything that I have worked for and the comment war from last night’s Facebook post proves that. It sucks because before some of these ladies have not even met me and they think that I am juding them or calling them lazy for their lifestyle choices or telling them what they should be doing, but that’s not even close.
I get it-not everyone is going to like me or agree with my mission and that is a-okay. However, I am here to HELP-ALWAYS. Please remember this 🙂
Your trainer and friend,