Healthy Fudgy Chocolate Protein Brownies
- 1 and 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips, separated into two different bowls (I used Hershey’s-nothing fancy)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (I love LouAnna brand-plus it’s cheaper)
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (I love Fage brand)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (brown sugar also works well since they have similar tastes)
- 1/4 cup MRM Natural Whey Protein in chocolate. (Grab 40% off your entire order with code SIA at www.mrm-usa.com)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (you can make your own oat flour by blending oats in a food processor or blender-make sure to measure after blending though**)
Optional Chocolate Glaze
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk (other types of milk work fine as well)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 9×9 pan with wax paper or grease with coconut oil.
- In a bowl place 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Microwave the coconut oil and measure the coconut oil when it is melted.
- Pour the hot melted coconut oil over the dark chocolate and stir the chocolate until it is completely melted.
- Add in the Greek yogurt. Stir in the vanilla, salt, baking soda, and coconut sugar.
- Blend your oats, if needed. Add the flour into the chocolate mixture.
- Now add in the remaining chips and spread the thick batter into a 9×9 pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Be sure to check often during this time as protein powder recipes tend to become dry if over-baked.
- Remove from heat & let cool. I like to keep these in the fridge!
Optional Glaze (not so healthy, but better than most options)
- Combine 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a bowl with milk and microwave for 20 seconds at a time until completely melted. Be sure to stir the chocolate after each go around.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt and then whisk in the powdered sugar.
- Start with 3/4 a cup and add as needed, cover in an air tight container, and then refrigerate for an hour.
- Remove from the fridge and cover the brownies with the glaze.
- Cut into 9-12 pieces and enjoy.
So yummy & fudgy!
Your trainer and friend,