DIY Thigh Wraps For Cellulite
I have been obsessed over making my own body wraps for some time now. I normally wrap my tummy to smooth and soften the skin, but lately I have been into wrapping my problem area: my thighs.
I have been thigh-wrapping for around 5 months now and while they have gotten a heck of a lot softer, I have noticed a huge reduction in my cellulite-mainly due to lifting heavier weights, drinking more water, and eating the right foods.
However, I see a lot of ladies spend countless dollars on these crazy “It Works!” wrap things when honestly, you can make your own at home for less than you can imagine!
So, how does it work, anyway?
Cellulite enemy #1 is caffeine, which tightens and provides antioxidants to the skin when applied topically. When applied religiously, it has been shown to reduce the appearance of cellulite—especially over time. Here, we combine coffee grounds with moisturizing, skin-soothing coconut oil and a bit of sea salt for an extra exfoliating kick. By massaging this trifecta onto any problem area, you’ll stimulate blood flow resulting in smoother, firmer skin.
- 1 c coffee grounds
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp sea salt or sugar
- empty jar
- dry brush (optional)
- Combine ingredients in a glass measuring jar and microwave for 30 seconds to melt the oil.
- Stir and pour into an air-tight container.
- Use once per week. Massage mixture into your thighs and wrap tightly with seran wrap. Let sit for one hour or so-maybe turn on a Netflix show and get lost.
- Shower off and pat your legs dry
- Optional: use the brush afterwards to help remove excess lymph
Your trainer and friend,