2nd Trimester Booty & Thighs Workout
Hellllooooo 2nd trimester. It just seems to be flying right on by-I cannot believe it! I am 16 weeks along already!!As my little bump starts to grow, so are my booty, hips, and thighs.
Here is a perfect 2nd trimester workout to target your lower half to torch calories and keep the jiggle at bay. Cause if you are like me, you need to focus on your biggest trouble spots!
- Lunge forward and as you come up then kick your back leg up and forward as you lunge forward again.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Start by doing a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively.
- When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep. Land as quietly as possible, which requires control.
- Get on all fours so that your hands are shoulder width apart and your knees are straight below your hips.
- Bracing your abdominals and keeping your knee bent lift one leg up behind you until it is in line with your body and your foot is parallel to the ceiling.
- Lower back down to the starting position and repeat with the other leg.
Fire Hydrant Kicks:
- Get on your hands and knees on the floor, making sure to keep your knees and hands hip-width and shoulder-width apart, respectively. Your knees should be bent to 90 degrees, directly beneath your hips.
- Tighten your core and, without moving your hips, raise your left thigh out to the left side of your body, keeping your knee bent the entire time.
- Without dropping your hips or moving your left knee, straighten your left leg by kicking it out to the left side. Retract the left leg by bending the knee and then hinging the hip to lower it to the starting position. Repeat on right leg.
Knee to Elbows:
- Standing up straight, place both hands behind your head.
- In one swift move, touch your right knee to your right elbow and bring your leg back down.
- Switch sides and repeat. Alternate the motions.
Here is a video to demonstrate all of the moves!