Lose the Pooch: 5 Exercises to Get Rid of The Mommy Tummy
I often get asked “How can I lose my mommy pooch?” Well, I can certainly tell you that it does not happen overnight, but it IS possible.
After my last two pregnancies, I mixed and matched the perfect combo of exercises to find out which ones target the lower pooch the best and I have finally found it!
I paired these 5 moves with my Strong Body Guide and nutrition plan to get my abs back.
In the images below, I am 1 month postpartum and 4 months postpartum.
It is amazing what 12 weeks can do!
Here are 5 of the best moves to get rid of your tummy pooch-for good!
Seated Ab Twists
- Begin in a seated position on your mat.
- Lift both legs up and off the floor while supporting balance with both hands behind you.
- Keeping your upper body completely stationary, slowly twist your lower body to the right side as far as you can while maintaining control.
- Bring your legs back to center.
- Slowly twist to the other side.
Inverted V Plank
- Start in forearm plank position.
- Keep abs in tight and press down through your shoulders and arms as you lift your hips up to the ceiling and your chest in towards your feet.
- Hold for 5-10 seconds.
- Return to forearm plank position and repeat.
- Assume a press up position so your hands are directly under your chest at shoulder width apart with straight arms
- Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles
- Lift your right foot off the floor and slowly raise your knee as close to your chest as you can
- Return to the starting position and repeat with your left leg
- Continue alternating for the desired number of reps or time
- Lie down on the floor with your legs fully extended and arms to the side of your torso with the palms on the floor. Your arms should be stationary for the entire exercise.
- Move your legs up so that your thighs are perpendicular to the floor and feet are together and parallel to the floor. This is the starting position.
- While inhaling, move your legs towards the torso as you roll your pelvis backwards and you raise your hips off the floor. At the end of this movement your knees will be touching your chest.
- Hold the contraction for a second and move your legs back to the starting position while exhaling.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Downward Dog Knee Tuck
- Begin in downward facing dog, then raise your left leg to move into down-dog split.
- Bend your left knee and pull it toward your forehead.
- Straighten the leg back, then bring the knee outside your left elbow.
- Straighten the leg again, then bring the knee toward your right elbow.
- Switch legs and repeat.
If you cannot make it to a gym and need to workout from home, try my new Strong Body Guide that is helping busy women worldwide get into their best shape ever. Little to no equipment needed for most moves!
– ✅ 12 weeks of workouts that can be done at home with little to no equipment.
– ✅ 225 pages long
– ✅ Each workout takes less than 30 minutes-great for busy schedules.
– ✅ step by step instructional picture examples of every move
– ✅ no gym required
– ✅ exercises focus on hiit, strength training, and plymetrics
– ✅ download on any device
– ✅ build a lean tone stomach, butt, thighs, and arms
– ✅ download instantly from anywhere
– ✅ promote fat loss & boost metabolism
– ✅ contains cardio and stretching routines as well!
– ✅ full exercise glossary with images and instructions for every move
*All guides are digital ebooks available instantly worldwide. Compatible on all devices – Android, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, Nook, Computer, Mac.