DIY Date Night Jar Gift Idea
A coupe of days ago, my fiance handed me a small gift. When I opened it, I was amazed to see a tiny glass jar with 35 small paper scrolls neatly tired together with a black ribbon. What was written on each scroll was one unique date idea followed by a question at the bottom in which I would have to turn the piece of paper over and answer. The questions revolved around what I liked about the date.
I loved this idea so much because not only did it take a lot of effort to make, it was super thoughtful. The longer you date someone, the harder it is to come up with date night ideas sometimes! Am I right? Whenever we are feeling spontaenous or even just bored, we can visit out little date night ideas jar and pick a random date to complete! This keeps things so much fun and interesting because you never know what you will pick.
Here is how he made our DIY date night jar!
You will need:
- Thick, good quality paper. He used journal paper.
- A pen
- Small, thin ribbon of any color
- A small jar with a lid. You can easily find these at the dollar store!
- YOUR BRAIN! Ok.. or Google date night ideas 🙂
- Cut the paper into small rectangles, small enough to fit neatly into a jar when rolled. I suggest practicing with one empty scroll to see how you will need to cut the others.
- Write down one date night idea per scroll and then add a question at the bottom. For example, see below to find one of the date night scrolls that I just opened.
- Neatly tie with a ribbon and place into your jar.
- It doesnt have to be 35-it could be less or more depending on how big your jar is.
- You can even decorate your jar if you want.
That is really it, folks! This project probably can cost you $5-$10 at most, but it is soooo thoughtful. You can keep the completed scrolls in the jar (or a separate jar for the time being) as keepsakes since you write on the back of them.
This is the perfect gift for Christmas or Valentines Day… or when you just want to be sweet. You can also make this for your married friends because they probably need it. One thing that I learned was to never stop dating and this helps with that!
Also, this date night jar idea is not just for couples… it can be for kids, too! For kids’ date night jars, I would suggest putting down the following ideas:
- Go to the park.
- Go to the arcade.
- Go see a movie.
- Play hide and go seek.
- You get the idea!
Gifts do not have to be super expensive to be sweet and thoughtful. Sometimes the smallest things leave the biggest impact.
Here are some date night ideas to include inside your jar. Feel free to save on Pinterest!!
Not a fan of paper scrolls? You can even do popsicle sticks! If you make your own feel free to share it with me 🙂
Did you like this idea? Share it!! Never stop dating 🙂
Your trainer and friend,