Best 8 Exercises To Reduce Thigh Fat To Make It Slim And Firm
Reducing excessive thigh fat is a common concern when it comes to a physical look, this is mainly what women are after.
This stubborn thigh fat will take a lot of effort to burn away along with a good diet plan.
However, there are several exercises that help you effectively to shed thigh fat and also sculpting them shapely.
If I was to think of the best exercise to lose thigh fat, Squat is one that I will bet on. The reason is that squats help you burn a higher amount of calories at a faster rate. Also, Squat is the King of all exercises as it works on your whole body.
As they involve the largest muscle group in your body, they burn body fat effectively at a faster rate.Besides, practicing squats in the right way strengthens your calves, lower back, quadriceps, and hamstrings.
HOW TO DO SQUATS:
- Start by standing straight with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width
- Look straight and extend your arms in front
- Hold your abs in tight and inhale
- Slowly squat down until your hips are below your knees
- Exhale and Squat back to the normal position
- Repeat the process until you feel the burn
Forward Lunges are one of the simple yet very effective exercises to lose thigh fat. This exercise is claimed to be the best exercise for thighs next to squat.
HOW TO DO FORWARD LUNGES:
- The first step is to stand with your feet together
- With your upper body straight, step forward with one leg and move out until the thigh is parallel to the ground (until both knees are bent at about a 90-degree angle) pull it back after
- Repeat the same motion in the opposite side
Apart from toning your thighs, Lunges help in reducing fat around your waistline as well.
Burpee is an ultimate fat burning exercise, not just for thighs but for the entire body. Burpees are nothing but a squat thrust with a push up at the bottom of the movement and a vertical jump at the top.
It also builds strength and increases your body’s flexibility. The calorie-torching burpees engage every muscle in your body and raise your heart rate to the extreme. Like any other exercises, you should do them properly to get effective results.
HOW TO DO BURPEES:
- To start, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Your weight should be on your heels and your arms at your sides.
- Now drop into a squat, by pushing your hips back and bending your knees.
- Place your hands on the floor in front and just inside your feet. Now shift your weight onto them.
- Keeping your arms extended, jump your feet back to softly land on the balls of your feet in a raised plank position.
- Ensure that your body forms a straight line, from your head to heels.
- Now, jump your feet back so that they land just outside of your hands.
- Reach your arms overhead and jump.
- Land and immediately lower back into a squat.
- Do it all again.
Leg Circles is one common and easy Pilates exercise.
HOW TO DO LEG CIRCLES:
- Start by lying down on your back, concentrating a bit and raising one leg.
- Raise the leg until it is pointing to the ceiling.
- Then you can start making small circular rotations five times clockwise and five times counter-clockwise. Each leg should have a repetition of this movement for 4 times.
One of the best ways to burn fats faster in your body is by doing a proper Deadlifting. Also, Deadlifting helps in faster burning of abs muscles tissues. The correct form while deadlifting will tone your thighs, back and glutes.
HOW TO DO A DEADLIFT:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and with the spine straight and abs drawn in.
- With the optimal-weighed barbell in front, bend your knees and Keep your head and chest up. Make sure your spine is in a straight line.
- Now grip the barbell at slightly more than shoulder-width apart.
- Start lifting the barbell with the weight balanced on your feet. Come to the standing position with your shoulders going back making the back straight.
- Hold this position for a couple of seconds.
- Now bend your knees, push your hips back down and come to the starting position. This will complete a rep.
Jumping Jacks is a full-body conditioning exercise that activates various muscle groups in your body.
The exercise not only helps in losing your thigh fat but also strengthens your legs, arms, and core.
Moreover, it is one of the best exercises to keep your heart and lungs healthy as it stimulates the heart muscles by raising your heart rate thereby burning calories.
HOW TO DO JUMPING JACKS:
- Stand with your feet together and arms at your sides.
- Jump and split your legs slightly more than shoulder-width apart , while raising your arms above your head.
- Jump again to return to the starting position.
Step-Ups are simple but great to lose thigh fats and to protect your knees.
You can perform this exercise using stairs or some equipment like step machine, sturdy bench or chair to step onto.
HOW TO DO STEP-UPS:
- Step on and off the bench with your right and left foot alternatively.
Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions each on both the legs.
For best results, practice step-ups for 3 to 5 times a week.
Step-up exercise should be mixed up with other exercises to surprise your muscles and keep it in good shape.
RUNNING AND FAST WALKING
Running and Fast walking work well in toning and shaping your thigh as they focus on overall body movement.
They increase the heart rate by making the body to stimulate energy.
If you are a beginner, you can start walking at a slow pace and eventually progress to running as you feel comfortable.
Not just for slimmer legs, but you should walk or run regularly for 30-45 minutes in a day for staying healthy on a long run.
THE BOTTOM LINE
You have to be focused and patient on what you want to achieve.
The inner thigh is, in fact, one of the last areas of a woman’s body to get slim and firm. Moreover, body transformation does not happen overnight so be patient and keep working at it.
Always remember, don’t skip your very first meal of the day to boost your metabolism. This will help in reducing the body’s overall fats and helps you in having leaner legs.
Stop eating food which is rich in sugar with refined carbs, instead feed your body with fibre and protein filled carbs.
Eat Protein-rich foods such as eggs, fish, lean chicken, cheese, yogurt, milk, beans, and nuts. This is because protein will give you enough energy to do any exercise or workout for the day. Also, proteins make you feel full and energetic.
Make it compulsion to include fresh fruits and cooked vegetables in your diet list. Skip junk food like carbonated drinks, pizza, chips, candy and what not.
After all, the best way still to make all this exercises possible is to have a proper diet.
You always have to be realistic and practical if you really want to have a good body shape. Good luck!
Your trainer and friend,