5 Day Fat Loss Meal Prep | Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Grain-free Recipes
Who’s up for a new healthy meal prep for weight loss?? It has been a hot minute since I went all out on a weekly meal prep post so I am really excited to share this with you. To start off, I am almost 10lbs down from a couple of months ago! No, I did not workout more often. Instead, I changed my eating habits and everything started falling into place. Now, I am going to share with you the very same meal prep that helped me lose that extra weight.
This meal prep menu is so easy to follow and is perfect for beginners to start their own meal prepping journey. Also, it is budget friendly-no weird ingredients or expensive foods here. As a busy mom, I realize the importance of convenience and saving money.
This weight loss meal prep is for 5 days only-enough to get you through your work week and all can be stored within your refridgerator and reheated in the microwave. This mealpre prep is dairy free, grain free, gluten free, and paleo!
Menu at a Glance
- Breakfast: Healthy Baked Egg Cups
- Lunch: Tuna Egg Salad Wraps
- Dinner: Lemon Shrimp & Asparagus Skillet + Cauliflower Rice https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2322237298002798/
Here is a quick list of everything you will need in order to make this week’s weekly fat loss meal prep.
- 1 Carton Strawberries
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Bag Spinach Leaves
- 1 Bag Carrot Sticks
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 1 Red Onion
- Romaine Lettuce
1 Bag Cauliflower Rice
- Dozen Eggs
- 1 lb Pork Sausage
- 6 oz Tuna
- 1 lb Shrimp
- Almond Milk
- Garlic Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
What You Will Need
- Meal prep containers
- Citrus juicer
- Lemon zester (also what I use to grate my garlic with)
Breakfast: Healthy Baked Egg Cups
These egg cups were packed with protein and hit the spot first thing in the morning. I love making egg cups because they are so versatile due to all of the ingredients you can add to yours. Also, a meal prep bonus-they reheat really well! If you do not like pork sausage, try turkey sausage instead!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup ground sausage
- 3/4 cup spinach leaves
- 1/4 bell pepper chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray muffin tin with olive oil and set aside
- In medium bowl whisk together eggs, unsweetened almond milk, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook pork sausage over medium heat.
- Take muffin tin and add a tablespoon or so of cooked pork. a tablespoon of ripped spinach and a tablespoon of diced bell pepper to each muffin tin.
- Pour the egg mixture over top, filing so there is a little room at the top (it will expand and rise as it is cooking – but then will deflate once it cools).
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, if the very top isn’t fully cooked, return to oven for 2-3 minute increments until fully cooked.
Lunch: Tuna Egg Salad Wraps
For lunch, I prepped tuna and egg salad lettuce wraps with carrot sticks. I ate ranch dressing with the carrot sticks (not pictured!). I am a HUGE fan of lettuce wraps and these tasted so fresh. If you are looking to add more carbs and don’t mind eating grains, eat the salad with slices of whole grain bread instead!
- 6 oz tuna (they make large packets of tuna in water-this will work!)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 6 eggs, boiled
- 2 pickle spears, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder
- To make this lunch, you will boil your eggs. To get the perfect egg, boil it for 12 minutes!
- While the eggs are boiling, chop your pickles and onions. Add to a bowl with the tuna, mayo, and mustard.
- Add in seasonings and boiled eggs, chopping and stirring with a fork.
- Prep in your containers with romaine lettuce leaves and carrot sticks.
Dinner: Lemon Shrimp & Asparagus Skillet + Cauliflower Rice
For dinner, I stuck with doing my meals low carb. I am a sucker for low carb meal preps anyway because my body responds better to a low carb diet! I decided to make a seafood style stir fry using only shrimp and asparagus. You can honestly use broccoli and even fresh green beans if you want instead. If you want more carbs, use real rice instead of cauliflower.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 bundle asparagus, trimmed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 bag frozen califlower rice, steamed in the microwave
- olive oil
- In a large bowl with the shrimp, add 1 tsp olive oil. Toss around to coat.
- Add in garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Set aside to marinate.
- Meanwhile cut asparagus into two inch long pieces and mince shallot.
- In a skillet, add olive oil and heat to medium.
- Add in asparagus and shallot, cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add in shrimp, lemon juice, zest, salt, pepper, and more red pepper flakes to taste.
- Continue cooking until shrimp are pink.
- Place into meal prep containers with cauliflower rice.
Did you try this meal prep? Let us know which meals were your favorite!
If you are interested in more meal prep ideas or healthy recipes, checkout my 12 week meal plan guide!
Your trainer and friend,