4 Yoga Poses to Relieve Heartburn & Indigestion
Do you suffer from heartburn and indigestion? If so, you are not alone! During my pregnancy, I suffered from heartburn starting early into the second trimester-when I gave birth, it all made sense when I saw my daughter’s fuzzy head!
The heartburn did not end there.. even after giving birth, I still struggle with it from day to day, depending on what I eat. Luckily, there are a few natural ways to cope with heartburn and indigestion!
Here are 4 Yoga Poses to Relieve Heartburn & Indigestion:
Cobra Pose-This posture stretches the abdominal muscles, stimulates circulation, improves digestion and relieves constipation.
- Lie on your stomach with your arms bent, elbows toward the body, palms down in front of the shoulders.
- Inhale and raise your head, neck and back as you straighten your arms. You can bend your head back or look straight ahead.
- Stay in that position for 10 seconds, then lower yourself to the ground as you exhale.
Spinal Twist-This pose aids digestion by making it easier for food to move through the intestines.
- Sit on the ground with your left leg extended in front of you.
- Cross your right leg over the left and rest the sole of the right foot on the outside of your left knee.
- Twist your body to the left as far as is comfortable, and put the palms of your hands on the ground to the left as well.
- Remain in that position for 10 seconds as you inhale and exhale freely.
Cat Pose-The digestive tract is compressed, cleansing and renewing the blood reservoirs in the abdominal region.
- Start on all fours, with your hands shoulder distance apart and underneath your shoulders, knees hip distance apart and underneath your hips. Press the palms down to the floor, let your middle finger point straight ahead and spread your other fingers outward.
- Lower your shoulders away from your ears, and stretch the back of your head and neck out of your shoulders as you look downward. Elongate your spine so you are in a table top position.
- As far as possible keep your elbows straight and your arms and legs stable during the pose.
- Become aware of the breath and on an exhalation slowly contract and hollow the abdominal muscles towards the spine, tuck the tailbone and crown of the head and move them towards each other and gaze to the floor between your knees.
- Press firmly downward through the hands so you stay lifted out of your shoulders and let your spine round towards the ceiling. Become aware of every vertebrae moving away from its neighbor creating freedom in the length of the spine. On an inhalation bring the spine back to a neutral table top position.
Continue moving as many times as you feel comfortable between the two positions synchronizing each movement with your breath. It may be beneficial to rest in child’s pose after ending the sequence.
Wind Relieving Pose-In the Wind Relieving Yoga Pose, the excess gas would be removed from the stomach and intestines, thus improving the digestive system. This Yoga Pose will also tone and stretch your lower back.
- Lie on the Yoga Mat.
- Raise your left knee. Wrap your hands around your left knee.
- Raise your head towards your knee. Breathe, release. Repeat with the right leg. You can also do the rocking motion slowly with rhythm.
It is called All Natural Acid Indigestion Relief and it is:
- Made with Whole-Food Ingredients to Promote Acid Levels
- No Harmful Side Effects! No Drug Interactions!
- Safe for Pregnant Women
- Doctor Recommended
- Fast, Drug-Free Relief
- Great for ages 1 and older.
Since giving birth, my acid reflux has decided to stay around and flare up! Luckily, I was able to put this remedy to good use. The taste of the syrup is sweet because it is made with all natural honey which soothes your throat. I love how it doesn’t taste strong like most over-the-counter acid reflux products. Within minutes of taking the product, it started working for me and the syrup worked for a decent amount of time-much better than actual medicine. I wish I would have found this when I was pregnant a few months ago! It would have been a lifesaver during my pregnancy since it is a safe alternative to use.
Want to know something amazing? There are no gluten, dairy, soy, wheat, alcohol, artificial preservatives, color additives, and sweeteners in this product. Here’s the nutrition label so you can get an idea of the whole-food ingredients used within the product. You won’t see any chemicals or unfamiliar names here:
Maty’s Healthy Products also offers all natural cough syrup, vapor rub, and even baby ointment! You can find their products at Target, CVS, Walmart, Rite Aid, and even Amazon.com. If you are pregnant or suffering from acid reflux, this is a great product for you to try out-it’s even safe for toddlers, as long as your child is over the age of one since it does contain natural honey.
Disclaimer: I was given a Maty’s Healthy Product All Natural Indigestion Relief to test. All opinions are my own.
Your trainer and friend,