No-Squats Booty Building Workout For Weak Knees
Squats are hailed as the #1 move to do if you want a bigger, leaner butt. But, are they really?
Some of us are not able to do squats-or just simply hate them enough to avoid doing them! However, most of us may have weak knees or an old injury keeping us from completing the move. Now what?
Luckily, while squats are the best for all around glute activation, you CAN get tone glutes without the use of them.
Here are is a no squats-modified booty workout to help tone your butt without hurting your knees! You may start off doing 10 or 15 reps of each move and switch legs to repeat. Complete 3 sets total.
No Squats Booty Building Workout
Butt Lifting Exercise #1:
Single Leg Deadlifts
- Stand with feet together. Lift leg slightly so foot is just off floor.
- Lower hands to floor while raising lifted leg back behind. Keep back straight and knee of supporting leg slightly bend. Keep hip and knee of lifted leg extended throughout movement. Once stretch is felt or hands touch the floor, return to original position by raising torso while lowering lifted leg.
- Straighten knee of supporting leg as torso becomes upright. Repeat.
Butt Lifting Exercise #2:
- Lie face up on the floor, with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. Keep your arms at your side with your palms down.
- Lift your hips off the ground until your knees, hips and shoulders form a straight line. Squeeze those glutes hard and keep your abs drawn in so you don’t overextend your back during the exercise.
- Hold your bridged position for a couple of seconds before easing back down.
Butt Lifting Exercise #3:
Fire Hydrant Kicks
- Get on your hands and knees on the floor.
- Tighten your core and, without moving your hips, raise your left thigh out to the left side of your body, keeping your knee bent the entire time.
- Without dropping your hips or moving your left knee, straighten your left leg by kicking it out to the left side.
- Retract the left leg by bending the knee and then hinging the hip to lower it to the starting position. Repeat on right leg.
Butt Lifting Exercise #4:
- Start on all fours, with your hands directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips.
Keep your right knee at a 90-degree angle as you slowly raise your leg behind you until your thigh is almost
- parallel to the floor. Pulse your flexed foot toward the ceiling by squeezing your glutes.
- Return to start position to complete one rep. Do 20 on each side, two to three times.
Butt Lifting Exercise #5:
Plank Leg Lifts
- Get into a plank position, with your forearms on the ground, elbows directly under your shoulders, and legs extended straight behind you, feet hip-width apart. Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles, and your core should be braced.
- Keeping your hips parallel to the floor, squeeze your glutes to raise your right foot a few inches into the air.
- Hold for two seconds, then lower your foot. That’s one rep. Repeat with your left foot.
Butt Lifting Exercise #6:
Knee Tuck Kicks
- Begin in a knee tuck position.
- Slowly and with control, lift your right leg up towards the sky, keeping your shoulders square and both hands firmly planted on the ground. Engage that butt!
- Lower your leg and repeat.