Low-Carb Cheddar Cheese Crisps
These cheddar cheese crips are amazing with soups and salads or they can be enjoyed as a simple, low-carb snack!
- 8 ounces good quality Cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Finely grate the cheese into a bowl.
- Line a large baking sheet with a non-stick pad or Parchment paper.
- Add a heaping teaspoon of cheese to the pan until you have six mounds, evenly spread apart.
- Lightly press the mounds out until they are flat. Push in any stray pieces that stick out.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until the egdes are golden brown but not all the way to the center. They will look wet, and that’s ok. If you bake them until entirely brown, they will be bitter.
- Remove from oven. They will begin to firm up almost immediately.
- Carefully remove with a metal spatula and place on paper towels. Place another paper towel on top and gently press down to absorb the grease.
- If you’d like to mold them, be sure to do it before they harden, which happens quickly. You can free hand it, or use a large wooden spoon handle to roll them up.
- Once they are completely cooled and crisp, you can store them in an airtight container between layers of wax paper for up to three days. Keep them in the refrigerator