HOW TO TIGHTEN LOOSE SKIN AFTER WEIGHT LOSS OR HAVING A BABY
One of the most common questions that I get asked is “How did you get rid of your loose skin after having two babies?” I am always intrigued by this question because the truth is that there is not much that you can do after the fact though it IS possible. However, it is more of how to prevent the excessive stretching of the skin that really makes a difference.
There are 3 things that are dependent on your skin’s ability to tighten back up after baby:
- How much weight you gained during pregnancy and how fast you gained that weight.
- The amount of elasticity and collagen in your skin.
The number one way to prevent loose skin is to gain your pregnancy weight at a slow, steady rate. If you gain your weight too quickly, chances are that you will gain too much of it and then your skin will stretch so rapidly that it will ruin the elasticity of it. This means, the ability for your skin to “shrink back” will be damaged and you will be left with loose skin hanging around. Then again, some ladies are still left with the dreaded “baby belly.”
If you find yourself stuck with loose skin after baby or weightloss and you are wanting to find ways to tighten up, here are some great ways to do so:
- Lower your overall body fat percentage. Sometimes loose skin isn’t really loose skin at all-it is just simply extra body fat! To make sure, you can always test yourself by using a caliper. For more on body fat percentage and how to calculate yours and loose extra, click here.
- Lose your weight slow and steady. Remember above where I said the number way to prevent loose skin was to gain your pregnancy weight slow and steady? Well, the same goes for weightloss, too! Losing your weight too fast can possibly create even more loose skin than you had to begin with. Think of those who lost weight in a short amount of time such as those on The Biggest Loser. Your skin must have some time to adjust or tighten back up around the muscle so don’t rush it!
- Hit the weights. Weight training builds new muscle. What does new muscle do? New muscle takes the place of empty, loose skin! It won’t make you look bulky or big, but it will make you look lean, toned, and sexy all over. When you add more muscle mass to your body, you burn more calories while sitting. Muscle mass dramatically reduces the appearance of loose skin, but so many women are afraid to try it! Take my word for it: weights are your BFF! Try my home workout program to start building muscle today!
- Drink water. Water is what helps to keep your skin stretchy. elastic, and collagenous. Ever heard that drinking water gets rid of wrinkles? This is why! It improves your skin’s texture better than any over-the-counter cream or serum out there. But we still do not drink enough! The golden rule is to aim for at least half of your body weight in ounces of water per day, but keep in mind that it should be more. If you need help drinking water, try my free 30 day water challenge and print off your chart!
- Boost your skin’s elasticity and collagen naturally. Aside from drinking more water, you can boost the stretchiness of your skin by tweaking your diet, supplementation, and your beauty regimine! As we get older, our skin looses collagen-it is just a fact. This is the main culprit to why wrinkles and aging happens. However, we can slow and sometimes even rebuild the collagen loss naturally over time. A few vitamins and minerals that you may want to take note of for boosting your skin’s elasticity are Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E.
Are you ready to transform your body in just 12 weeks?
If you cannot make it to a gym and need to workout from home, try my new Strong Body Guide that is helping busy women worldwide get into their best shape ever. Little to no equipment needed for most moves!
In this guide, you can expect:
– ✅ 12 weeks of workouts that can be done at home with little to no equipment.
– ✅ 225 pages long
– ✅ Each workout takes less than 30 minutes-great for busy schedules.
– ✅ step by step instructional picture examples of every move
– ✅ no gym required
– ✅ exercises focus on hiit, strength training, and plymetrics
– ✅ download on any device
– ✅ build a lean tone stomach, butt, thighs, and arms
– ✅ download instantly from anywhere
– ✅ promote fat loss & boost metabolism
– ✅ contains cardio and stretching routines as well!
– ✅ full exercise glossary with images and instructions for every move
*All guides are digital ebooks available instantly worldwide. Compatible on all devices – Android, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, Nook, Computer, Mac.
Here are a few successful weightloss transformations from the program!
How did you tighten your skin after baby?