How to Lose Thigh Fat + 7 Best Inner Thigh Exercises
My thighs have always been a trouble area. From the time that puberty hit, the fat just loved to cling in that particular area. Whenever I gain the slightest amount of weight, guess where it happens to hang out? My thighs!
Being female, it is hard to get rid of the fat in this area because we are genetically programmed to store fat in this region thanks to our
lovely raging hormones.
Yes, it is true: you cannot spot reduce. But you can build the muscle groups surrounding an area to decrease fat and use a clean diet paired with cardio to reduce your overall body fat which will cut down on your thigh fat as well.
Here are 3 ways to do so:
- Clean diet. First and foremost, you won’t be getting anywhere without a clean and healthy diet. A clean diet means no sugar, no chemicals, no additives, and no preservatives. Basically, if you cannot pronounce or spell it-don’t eat it. You want to aim for foods in their most natural state aka WHOLE FOODS. Also, up your potein a little more and aim for eating protein at every meal.
- Smart cardio. Burning calories is key to reducing your overall body fat, and heart-pumping cardio is going to make that happen. Choose the types that burn the most calories such as biking, running, and jumping rope. As a bonus, these also tone the legs while you’re doing them. Do 60-minute sessions five times a week to really notice a difference.
- Strength training. Weights build muscle. What takes the place of fat? MUSCLE! So in order to decrease fat, you need more muscle on your legs. If you are doing squats, try holding a dumbbell, medicine ball, or kettlebell as added weight to your squat. If you are doing lunges, try using a barbell on your back. You can also use resistance bands and a stability ball for added challenge.
The Workout: (All of these and MORE thigh workouts can be found in my Strong Body Guide)
- Leg Scissors
- Goblet Squats
- Fire Hydrant Kicks
- Side Lying Leg Lifts
- Inner Thigh Leg Lifts
- Speed Skaters
- Glute Bridge with Ball Squeeze
Be sure to watch the video below for a full demonstration of all the exercises!
Welcome to the Strong Body Guide.
In this guide, you can expect:
– ✅ 12 weeks of workouts that can be done at home with little to no equipment.
– ✅ 225 pages long
– ✅ Each workout takes less than 30 minutes-great for busy schedules.
– ✅ step by step instructional picture examples of every move
– ✅ no gym required
– ✅ exercises focus on hiit, strength training, and plymetrics
– ✅ download on any device
– ✅ build a lean tone stomach, butt, thighs, and arms
– ✅ download instantly from anywhere
– ✅ promote fat loss & boost metabolism
– ✅ contains cardio and stretching routines as well!
– ✅ full exercise glossary with images and instructions for every move
*All guides are digital ebooks available instantly worldwide. Compatible on all devices – Android, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, Nook, Computer, Mac.