Beachbody On Demand: Active Maternity Workout Review
When it comes to working out, I always hear the same old excuse: “I do not have the time.”
But the truth is that we do have the time-it is just a matter of prioritizing that time. I get it though-it is hard sometimes to make it to the gym and becoming a mother can make that little trip even harder to take. Luckily though, you do not need a gym to get fit. Yes, that is right! There are so many workout programs that you can do directly from the comfort of your own living room.
This past week, I was introduced to Beachbody On Demand. Although I am not a coach nor am I affiliated with Beachbody in any way, I was actually intrigued by their workouts. After all, a good workout IS a good workout!
Long gone are the days in which you have to purchase a stack of DVDs that are easy to get lost, scratched, or even chewed on by your toddler or pet. Beachbody On Demand or BOD allows you to stream today’s most popular workouts straight from your computer-not to mention, you can also stream it from your tablet or iPhone while you are on the go or vacationing. It honestly reminded me of Netflix.. with nothing but workouts!
Some of the programs that you can expect to have full access to within On Demand are:
- P90X 1,2, & 3
- 21 Day Fix
- Brazil Butt Lift
- Hip Hop Abs and more
You can also search the perfect program by choosing a goal from below:
- Muscle Building
- Less than 30 min.
- Slim & Tone
- Low Impact and more
Not to mention, choosing a trainer:
- Tony Horton
- Autumn Calabrese
- Shaun T
- Chalene Johnson
- Sagi Kalev and more
My personal favorite workout video was the Active Maternity: A Prenatal & Postnatal Series. All you need is a set of dumbbells to get started in this 4 part-workout series specifically made for expectant mothers.
The program is broken down into 4 parts:
- 1st Trimester: Get Stable. You complete this workout throughout the first trimester and it is created to improve muscle tone, increase circulation, and build endurance.
- 2nd Trimester: Stay Strong. You complete this workout throughout the second trimester as it helps to battle fatigue, alleviate aches and pains, and increase your mood.
- 3rd Trimester: Get Ready. You complete this workout throughout the third trimester to build strength and prepare you for labor and delivery!
- Postnatal: Get It Back. You complete this workout after delivery, upon receiving clearance from your doctor to resume working out to help ease your body back into your fitness routine, increase your strength & endurance, and to get your body back!
Here are a few photos of me performing some of the different moves that you can expect throughout this 4 part maternity workout series:
Sumo Squat & Press
Back Lunge Rows
Squat with Bicep Curls
My favorite part of the 4-part maternity series was the second trimester workout. I love more of a challenge and the way that the Active Maternity progam is set up allows you a bit more of a challenge within the first trimester since that is the time you are getting your energy back and feeling your best.
I also enjoyed the third trimester workout because every exercise requires a 10 second hold. Why 10 seconds? That’s how long the doctor will typically force you to push during the pushing phase of labor. So this really gets your body ready and prepared for what that 10 seconds is going to feel like.
Overall, I thought the Active Maternity workouts were amazing. They truly do prepare your body for the most exciting day of your life! Not only that, but you have a plan throughout each trimester AND a plan for after delivery as well so this program is well rounded.
My final thoughts on Beachbody On Demand were:
- I never got bored.
- It was easy to use, easy to stay on track.
- It gave me zero excuses to skip a workout.
- It was fun!
- It is practical for any fitness level because there are so many options to choose from.
For complete access to Beachbody On Demand, it costs $2.99 a week (billed $38.87 quarterly-basically $12 a month) with no starter or cancellation fees included. You must be a Team Beachbody Club member in order to get Beachbody On Demand access.
If you are ready to start your unlimited access to Beachbody On Demand, sign up today!
Disclaimer: I was given full access to Beachbody On Demand, at no cost. All opinions are my very own.