5 Ways to Lose Weight (Without Dieting)
I am so sick of fad diets. Everyday, it seems as if there is a new fad diet-whether its eating baby food all day long or cabbage soup, I have heard it all. What is very disturbing is the amount of people who try these fads and expect them to work, but when they don’t, they end up in worse shape than before. What some folks don’t realize is that if you make simple, little tweaks to your lifestyle, you may start losing weight-without even realizing it!
Diet is the most important thing-no denying that. However, if you change some of your other habits, in addition, it can help you set yourself up for success!
Here are my favorite tips to losing weight that do not involve dieting:
1. Drink more H20. You should aim to drink at least half of your body weight in ounces of water. Let’s say that you weigh 120lbs. You should aim for at least 60 oz. of water daily or more! In order to drink more water, try setting yourself on a schedule! There are water bottles out there with times on them by which you should’ve drank a certain amount of water at that point. You can also DIY this by using a reusable water bottle and a sharpie marker.
2. Eat more, but smaller. Aim for 6 smaller meals per day, making two of those “meals” healthy snacks. I am sure you have heard thus a thousand times over, but it is for a good reason. Frequent snacking is the key to maintaining your weight or battling the buldge. Can’t remember to snack? Make a schedule!
3. Color your plate. Have you ever heard that you should eat all of the colors of the rainbow? It is no secret that sating a variety of colorful food provides vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to nourish your body that can’t be replicated in a supplement or multivitamin. Each color contains their own nutrients:
- Red: lycopene and anthocyanins
- Orange: vitamin C, carotenoids, and bioflavonoids
- Yellow: nutrients that promote good digestion and optimal brain function
- Green: lutein and indoles
- Blue/Purple: antioxidants and anti-aging properties
- White: nutrients that increase immunity
4. Go lift. According to a Penn State research study, women who lifted lost 40% more body fat than those who didn’t. According to Women’s Health, “Other research on dieters who don’t lift shows that, on average, 75 percent of their weight loss is from fat, while 25 percent is from muscle. Muscle loss may drop your scale weight, but it doesn’t improve your reflection in the mirror and it makes you more likely to gain back the flab you lost.”
This will leave you skinny fat or skinny without muscle tone. The fact is, if you lift, you will burn more calories.
5. Walk daily after dinner. Making a habit of taking a daily stroll after dinner is a great idea. My husband and I have actually gotten into this habit after our son was born. We enjoy taking him out in his jogging stroller after eating a clean dinner. It helps us unwind, get fit, and spend a little time together.
If you cannot make it to a gym and need to workout from home, try my new Strong Body Guide that is helping busy women worldwide get into their best shape ever. Little to no equipment needed for most moves!
In this guide, you can expect:
– ✅ 12 weeks of workouts that can be done at home with little to no equipment.
– ✅ 225 pages long
– ✅ Each workout takes less than 30 minutes-great for busy schedules.
– ✅ step by step instructional picture examples of every move
– ✅ no gym required
– ✅ exercises focus on hiit, strength training, and plymetrics
– ✅ download on any device
– ✅ build a lean tone stomach, butt, thighs, and arms
– ✅ download instantly from anywhere
– ✅ promote fat loss & boost metabolism
– ✅ contains cardio and stretching routines as well!
– ✅ full exercise glossary with images and instructions for every move
*All guides are digital ebooks available instantly worldwide. Compatible on all devices – Android, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, Nook, Computer, Mac.
Your trainer and friend,