5 REAL Ways to Lose Weight While Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding your baby is such a magical thing. For some ladies, it has many perks-weightloss being one of them. Yet for others, it can actually keep weight ON! Thank you, lovely hormones!
Breastfeeding does burn calories, but the amount varies from person to person. Breastfeeding, however, also produces hormones that can have the opposite effect: making your body cling to that last little bit of baby weight. Sort of like your body is worried it will “run out” of nutrition for the both of you and is keeping those fat stores as an insurance policy.
While we can’t control our hormones, there are things we can control that might be unintentionally sabotaging your weight loss efforts. Many ladies’ biggest fear is their milk drying up during up and I can assure you these tips will not risk that.
- Eat REAL food. YES! Cut the C.R.A.P. ladies: Carbonated Drinks, Refined Sugar, Artificial Sweeteners & Colors, & Processed Foods. If it is boxed and you are not standing in a Whole Foods store, chances are that it is no good. Aim for fresh, organic, and clean whenever you can. Choose more foods from the Earth that are not man-made such as fruits, veggies, and meats/poultry/fish. I love the Paleo way of eating because it stays away from anything refined or processed.
- Eat OFTEN, but don’t OVEREAT. When you are breastfeeding, chances are that you are a ravenous beast who is willing to eat anything (and anyone) who stands in your way of your midnight feeding. Let me tell you this-it is ok to eat often as I actually encourage eating often to keep you full and to keep your metabolism going. However, be smart about how much you are actually eating and taking in per day as you could risk overeating which will not help you lose the weight needed to reach your goals.
- Choose SMARTER cardio. Who really has the time to do an hour of cardio after baby is born? Better yet-who the hell wants to do an hour of cardio anyway? Not me! I tell all of my clients to choose smarter cardio. What’s smart cardio? It is cardio options that burn fat more effectively in a much shorter amount of time. For example, think of HIIT exercises such as Burpees, Mountain Climbers, Jumping Jacks, and Squat Jumps. Doing just 3 rounds of 12 reps of each can burn just as many calories as running for 30 minutes on a treadmill. Also, it keeps your body guessing for what’s next.
- Drink WATER. It is not science-water regulates all of your body’s natural processes including your metabolism and hormones. (amazing how they work hand in hand, right?) When you are dehydrated, your body’s processes start to slow down to conserve what little water it is running off of to protect itself. Think of it as a “survival mode.” However, many of us still do not drink enough water! Aim for at least half of your body weight in ounces of water per day. Personally, I like to aim for at least 100 ounces per day/
- Keep GOING. For some, losing the baby weight does not happen overnight-especially when your body is steadfast at feeding another live human being. It might take a little time.. try to remember that Rome was not built in a day-as cliche as that saying might be, it is true. To my clients who get frustrated after not seeing “quick results,” I like to tell them to trust the process. If you put good things into your body and get plenty of activity, you WILL see change. It just might not happen as quickly as you had hoped for.
If you cannot make it to a gym and need to workout from home, try my new Strong Body Guide that is helping busy women worldwide get into their best shape ever. Little to no equipment needed for most moves!
In this guide, you can expect:
– ✅ 12 weeks of workouts that can be done at home with little to no equipment.
– ✅ 225 pages long
– ✅ Each workout takes less than 30 minutes-great for busy schedules.
– ✅ step by step instructional picture examples of every move
– ✅ no gym required
– ✅ exercises focus on hiit, strength training, and plymetrics
– ✅ download on any device
– ✅ build a lean tone stomach, butt, thighs, and arms
– ✅ download instantly from anywhere
– ✅ promote fat loss & boost metabolism
– ✅ contains cardio and stretching routines as well!
– ✅ full exercise glossary with images and instructions for every move
*All guides are digital ebooks available instantly worldwide. Compatible on all devices – Android, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, Nook, Computer, Mac.