30 Day Lose the Muffin Top Challenge
Muffin tops go all the way around our midsections, and overshadow our waistlines. In order to tone and trim the entire abdominal area, it’s important to perform exercises that target all angles. Our 30-Day Muffin Top Challenge is designed to hit the obliques and ab muscles.
This challenge has 4 workout components to help transform your abs. It includes a fast paced tabata series to burn fat, a full target ab workout, and a plank and yoga series to tighten and strengthen the core muscle. In 30 days, you’ll burn excess fat and reveal more toned abs.
NOTE: Be sure to drink plenty of water and eat clean for the duration of this challenge.
Equipment Needed: yoga mat or soft surface, interval timer (Gymboss is a free app download).
What to Do: Below are 4 workouts. Skip one day between workouts. Continue this for the full 30 days. For example, Sunday workout 1; Tuesday workout 2; Thursday workout 3; Saturday workout 4.
You decide when to start, just be sure to skip one day between workouts.
1. Tabata– 4 minute Tabata Routine. Perform each exercise for 20 seconds and rest 10 seconds after each one. Complete 2 rounds.
1. Plank Knee Sweep
2. Jack Knife
3. Mountain Climbers
4. Bicycles(slow first round)
2. Workout– Perform each exercise for 60 seconds, rest 15 seconds after each one. Complete 2 rounds.
2. Leg Lifts
3. Russian Twist
4. Elbow Knee to Crunch
5. Flutter Kicks
3. Plank Series– Hold each plank for 30 seconds, rest 15 seconds and jump into the next plank. Complete 2 rounds.
1. Low Plank
2. Side Plank L/R
3. Plank Hip Dips
4. Rocking Plank
4. HardCORE Yoga– Hold each pose for 30 seconds, rest 10 seconds then transition into the next pose. Complete 2 rounds.
1. Boat Pose
2. Bridge Pose
3. Locust Pose
4. Camel Pose